- Type: Tour
- Duration: 3D/2N
- Distance: .. km
- Season: All Year
- Departure: Daily
- Minimum of Passengers: 1 Person
Cusco Classic Tour 3 Days is a short tour around Cusco and the Machupicchu Inca citadel, perfect for those who want a smaller trip focusing on Machupicchu itself. Cusco is one of Peru's greatest treasures, seat of the ancient Inca Culture and where many existing buildings are erected on still-visible Inca foundations. It can truly be said that Cuzco is an open air museum.
Day 1: Cusco Classic City Tour:
Upon arrival in Cusco: Reception at the airport, assistance and transfer to selected hotel. You will have a free morning and then Cusco Traditional City Tour begins between 13:20 and 13:30pm in the afternoon. This is a complete of tour Cusco city centre, where you will have the opportunity to visit six sites, the first being "Qoricancha" (Golden Place in Quechua), which comprises an Inca temple (one of the most important religious centers of the Inca period), now housed within the Santo Domingo Convent. We then visit the Cathedral in the main square, famed for its large collection of religious paintings of the Cusqueña School, among many other beautiful artifacts.
The next four stops on the tour are located on a nearby hill overlooking the city, locations that were used by the Incas for a variety of purposes and maintained intact until the present day. These are:
- Sacsahuaman (Puma’s Head) a majestic fortress of huge carved stones perfectly fitted together, the heaviest being 120 tons in weight, carried by workers from remote Inca quarries. Here, the famous Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun is celebrated every year.
- Qenqo (Labyrinth)
- Tambomachay, a fascinating system of ancient waterworks and fountains.
- Puca Pucara
Day 2: Machupicchu Full Day:
We begin with an early start at the hotel to catch the train for a full day tour of the magical citadel of Machupicchu, 112km from Cusco. On the way we will pass through Urubamba' Valley, along the Urubamba River with views of the snow- capped peaks of the Veronica Mountains.
Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes we will take a 20-minute bus ride to the lost city of the Incas for a guided tour of the site. Your expert guide will tell you all about Machu Picchu’s fascinating history and legends... The famous lost city of the Incas is one of the most magical and mysterious places on Earth. Situated on the spine of a jungle-cloaked granite peak towering some 600 metres above the roaring river below, the site is frequently shrouded in misty clouds pierced by the powerful equatorial sun. Constructed from precisely sculptured granite blocks, carefully joined with the stone of the surrounding mountain, the site may well be the finest architectural achievement in the New World. Get to know the archeological site, its craft industry, agriculture, housing, prisons, royal tomb, the temple of the sun, Inti Huatana, the sundial, and the gazebo.
In the afternoon we take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Poroy stations and from there by bus to Cusco.
Day 3: Transfer to Cusco Airport:
After an early breakfast at the hotel you will be taken to the airport for your journey home or on to your next destination. Browse our full range of Peru destinations and continue your exciting trip in Peru with Peru Andean Travel.
- Professional guide (City Tour and Machu picchu)
- Tourist Transportation.
- Train Tickets from Poroy / Ollantaytambo Train Station to Aguas Calientes round trip.
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu picchu round trip.
- Trabsportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Transfer out from your hotel to airport.
- Entrance fee to Cusco City Tour.
- Services not mentioned.
What to Bring
- A Day Pack.
- Good Shoes
- A Rain Jacket or a Poncho.
- A Water Bottle.
- A Hat or Cap to protect you from the sun or the cold.
- Sun Block.
- Insect Repellent.
- Swimsuit (if you decide to stay the night in Aguas Calientes you can visit the hot springs)