- Type: Trekking/Biking
- Duration: 4D/3N
- Distance: 45 km bike /28 km trek
- Season: March to November
- Departure: Daily
- Minimum of Pasenngers: 2 people
The Inca Jungle to Machu picchu 4 days, unlike the traditional Treks combines activities such as Biking and Hiking within different geographical regions of Peru such as the Puna Region of icy scenarios and high mountains to reach the broken region that is in the jungle, making this trek to Machu picchu, spectacular and authentic.
We will have panoramic views from the highest point of this route that is the Malaga 4,316msnm (14,160 ft), from there we will descend by bicycle to the Santa Maria jungle and continue the journey walking to Santa Teresa, then to Aguas Calientes and finally we will visit Machu picchu.
Day 1: Cusco - Santa Maria (Biking)
Hotel pick up will be at 7:00 o'clock in the morning to start the tour driving through the sacred valley visiting the great handicraft and traditional market of Chinchero town and Ollantaytambo after this we continue driving up the top of Malaga pass (4,316 m - 14,160 ft) where we start the biking in a great 6,500 feet descent enjoying the views of scenaries and the faster change of the nature ending in Santa Maria village (1,250 m - 4,100 ft) where we spend the night in a comfortable family house.
- Total distance: 45 km
- Estimated walking time: 2 to 3 hours
- Maximum altitude point: 4,316 m (14,160 ft)
- Campsite altitude: 1,250 m (4,100 ft)
Day 2: Santa Maria - Santa Teresa (Hiking)
Wake up at 6:30 o'clock in the morning to have a healthy breakfast in a local restaurant, after this we walk up through the tropical cultivation areas such as coffee, Coca and fruits so the best for today is the walking over the original Inca's path without restoration which was recently discovered by local people getting the top at around 1,750 m.a.s.l (5,740 feet) to enjoy the view of all the valley after one hour walking down we enjoy the lunch in a local restaurant. After a nap we just walk along the river ending in a outside hot spring to enjoy for one or two hours before arrive Santa Teresa town which is four kilometers from hot spring of course you have the chance to take a local transport to the hostel for twenty minutes. once in Santa Teresa we spend the second night.
- Total distance: 16 km
- Estimated walking time: 7 to 8 hours
- Maximum altitude point: 1,750 m (5,740 ft)
- Lodging altitude: 1,550m (5,085 ft)
Day 3: Santa Teresa - Aguas Calientes (Hiking)
Today we wake up at around 08:00 o'clock in the morning to enjoy a good breakfast. Afterward we start the walking along the river with direction the Aguas Calientes town of course with a previous stop in Hidroelctrica village where we visit a small Incas construction. Afterward we continue over the train truck until Aguas Caliente town where we have a nice hotel according your requirement.
- Total distance: 12 km
- Estimated walking time: 4 to 5 hours
- Maximum altitude point: 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
- Lodging altitude: 2,040 m (6,692 ft)
Day 4: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Amazing day, So we start to walk early at around 5:30 am to reach Machu Picchu citadel at 6:30 am it to see the sunrise there. Afterward we will have 02 hours in a guided tour getting after a free time to explore by yourself the old city. Finally after to have 06 or 07 hours into Machu Picchu we return by bus to Aguas Calientes town where we take the train with direction to Cusco city where we end the service. If you feel tired you can use the bus ticket to climb up to Machupicchu by bus of course paid by the company. On afternoon train return to Cusco city which is for four hours.
- Hotel pick up in Cusco
- Transportation from Cusco to Malaga pass (where we start the Biking)
- Professional Guide
- Meals (03 breakfasts / 03 lunches / 03 dinners)
- Lodging (Santa Maria and Santa Teresa)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu picchu round trip
- Entrance fees to Machupicchu
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo(expedition service)
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Breakfast on first day and lunch on day four
- Entrance to visit the hot spring in Santa Teresa (10 soles) and Aguas Calientes town (10 soles)
- Visit to Huaynapicchu Mountain (USD 20 plus)
- Vistadome train service (U$ 50 plus)
We recommend to bring
- Small backpack
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Rain coat and poncho
- Warmth clothes for first day
- Light clothes for hiking
- Insect repellent
- Sun block, sun glasses and hat
- Water bottle
- Flash light and knife
- Towel and toilet paper
- Snacks (chocolates, candies, cookies, etc)
- Personal Medical Kit
- Extra national currency (soles)
- Original passport