Machu picchu Full Day
Machu picchu Full Day and the city of Cusco are joined by a railway system which runs through the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. Machu picchu full day trip from Cusco takes approximately two hours by bus to Ollantytambo train station, or 25 min to Poroy.
From either of those stations we take a train to Aguas Calientes, through beautiful landscapes and spectacular views, covering a distance of 110 kilometers. There are numerous options regarding timetables, the standard of the trains and fares.
Machu picchu Full Day Tour Itinerary
We start with an early pick-up and transfer from your hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo or Poroy train stations by bus and then by train to the town of Aguas Calientes, close to Machupicchu.
The train journey takes around two and a half hours, passing through picturesque landscapes including the Sacred Valley of the Incas. On arrival in Aguas Calientes you will be met by our staff where you will be taken to the summit of Machupicchu mountain via a short bus journey.
Once there you will enjoy a guided tour for two hours where you will explore the most important and interesting places in Machupicchu. This ancient city is strategically situated at the top of the Machupicchu Mountain (Old Mountain in Quechua), at 2350 meters above sea level (7,710 ft).
Close by is the Huaynapicchu Mountain (Young Mountain), part of the western Vilcabamba mountain range, which are bordered by the Apurimac and Urubamba rivers. The Machupicchu sanctuary is located in the valley of the Urubamba river (also known as the Vilcanota) at the lower part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, close to the edge of the Peruvian rainforest.
In the afternoon we return Cusco by train and bus from Aguas Calientes, via Ollantaytambo (Machu picchu full day).
Before arrival in Cusco
Please confirm the address of the hotel/hostel where you will be staying in order to organize your pick-up on the day of departure for Machu picchu full day.
Location of Machu picchu:
The Inca city of Machu Picchu is located in the southern part of Peru, in the Department of Cusco, Province of Urubamba, District of Machu Picchu (popularly called Aguas Calientes), to the Northwest of the City of Cusco.
Distance to Machu Picchu from Cusco:
- Cusco - Ollantaytambo (En bus) ⇒ 71.9 km.
- Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (By train) ⇒ 43.00 km.
- Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu (By bus) ⇒ 9.00 km.
How Long is Machu picchu Tour?
- Cusco - Ollantaytambo (By bus) ⇒ 1 hour 41 minutes.
- Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (By train) ⇒ 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Aguas Calientes - Machu picchu (By bus) ⇒ 23 minutes.
Maximum and minimum height in the route to Machu Picchu from Cusco:
- Maxima ⇒ Chinchero 3 762 m.s.n.m.
- Minima ⇒ Aguas Calientes 2 040 m.s.n.m.
- Height Machu picchu ⇒ 2 430 m.s.n.m.
Best Time to visit Machu picchu:
The city of Cusco has two well-defined seasons, the rainy season from December to February and the dry season from March to November, Machu Picchu can be visited all year round but the best season is from March to November.
Included / Not included
- Train tickets Poroy/Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu round trip.
- Entrance fee to the ruins.
- Professional bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo round trip.
- Services not mentioned.
What to Bring
- A Day Pack for Machu Picchu Full Day.
- Good Shoes.
- A Rain Jacket or a Poncho.
- A Water Bottle.
- A Hat or Cap to protect you from the sun or the cold.
- Insect Repellent.
- Swimsuit (if you decide to stay the night in Aguas Calientes you can visit the hot springs)
- Original passport (and old passport if applicable) and ISIC Card (if you have one). Photocopies are not acceptable. If you change your passport after booking the train tour you must send us details of your new passport immediately, and you must bring both your new passport and old passport with you on the tour.