Cusco Traditional Tour
Cusco traditional tour is the best option to visit Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machupicchu, Cusco is best approached at a leisurely pace. You can get the most out of your stay if you take slow, giving yourself at least a day to adjust to the altitude, as well as the ins and outs of life in Cusco. We have a good price and service.
Day 1: Cusco's City Tour:
Upon arrival in Cusco: reception at the airport, assistance and transfer to selected hotel. You will have a free morning and then Cusco Classic City Tour begins between 13:20 and 13:30pm in the afternoon.
This is a complete of tour Cusco city centre, where you will have the opportunity to visit six sites, the first being "Qoricancha" (Golden Place in Quechua), which comprises an Inca temple (one of the most important religious centers of the Inca period), now housed within the Santo Domingo Convent. We then visit the Cathedral in the main square, famed for its large collection of religious paintings of the Cusqueña School, among many other beautiful artifacts.
The next four stops on the tour are located on a nearby hill overlooking the city, locations that were used by the Incas for a variety of purposes and maintained intact until the present day. These are:
- Sacsahuaman (Puma’s Head) a majestic fortress of huge carved stones perfectly fitted together, the heaviest being 120 tons in weight, carried by workers from remote Inca quarries. Here, the famous Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun is celebrated every year.
- Qenqo (Labyrinth)
- Tambomachay, a fascinating system of ancient waterworks and fountains.
- Puca Pucara
Day 2: Cusco - Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes
Buffet breakfast at the hotel.
At 8:20am our staff will be waiting at the reception of your hotel to take you buy bus to Pisac, in the Sacred Valley, where we will visit the beautiful Inca terraces built into to the mountainside, as well the markets in the town itself. After a buffet lunch the tour continues to Ollantaytambo (a former military, religious, administrative and agricultural site).
After our visit to Ollantaytambo, we board the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (a small town near Machupicchu) Our staff will be waiting for you at the train station to take you to your hotel.
Day 3: Machupicchu - Cusco
After breakfast at your hotel you will we will take a 20-minute bus ride to the lost city of the Incas for a guided tour of the site. Your expert guide will tell you all about Machupicchu’s fascinating history and legends.
The famous lost city of the Incas is one of the most magical and mysterious places on Earth. Situated on the spine of a jungle-cloaked granite peak towering some 600 metres above the roaring river below, the site is frequently shrouded in misty clouds pierced by the powerful equatorial sun.
Constructed from precisely sculptured granite blocks, carefully joined with the stone of the surrounding mountain, the site may well be the finest architectural achievement in the New World.
Get to know the archeological site, its craft industry, agriculture, housing, prisons, royal tomb, the temple of the sun, Inti Huatana, the sundial, and the gazebo.
In the afternoon we take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Poroy stations and from there by bus to Cusco.
Day 4: Transfer to Cusco Airport
After an early breakfast at the hotel you will be taken to the airport for your journey home or on to your next destination. Browse our full range of Peru destinations and continue your exciting trip in Peru with Peru Andean Travel.
Included / Not included
- Transfer from your hotel to airport
- Professional guide.
- Return transport and train from accommodation in Cusco to Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip train tickets from Poroy/Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip ticket Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu.
- Entrance fee to the ruins of Machu picchu.
- Professional bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- Guided tour of Machupicchu.
- Entrance fee to City tour and Sacred Valley Tour.
What to Bring
- A Day Pack.
- Good Shoes
- A Rain Jacket or a Poncho.
- A Water Bottle.
- A Hat or Cap to protect you from the sun or the cold.
- Sun Block.
- Insect Repellent.
- Swimsuit (if you decide to stay the night in Aguas Calientes you can visit the hot springs)